As a business owner, you know better than anyone the value of your business. Unfortunately, fraudsters who may try to hijack your business accounts and divert money into their own accounts, may know as well. For example, with one popular scam today, Corporate Account Takeovers, fraudsters may attempt to obtain online banking login information from your employees using social media, phishing techniques, or telemarketing scams. The best way to protect your business from a Corporate Account Takeover or other scam is to become knowledgeable. To assist you, The Village Bank has compiled these helpful resources.
- Protecting Your Small Biz Account – American Bankers Association (ABA)
- The Small Business Guide to Corporate Account Takeover – ABA
- Start with Security: A Guide for Business – Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- How to Create Security Awareness at your Company – Entrepreneur
- Background Checks: What Employers Need to Know – FTC
- 8 Tips To Prepare Your Business for an Inevitable Cyber Attack – Entrepreneur
- ’60 in 60′ highlights cybersecurity, workplace productivity and social media – ABA