Our computers are our windows to the online world. They allow us to do our banking, purchase goods and services, and communicate with friends, family members, and colleagues around the world. Because of the personal information that is stored on your personal computer and other devices, it’s vital that you take precautions to protect your computer and other devices. To assist you, The Village Bank offers the following helpful resources and information.
- Computer Security – Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Laptop Security – FTC
- Disposing of Old Computers – FTC
- Talk to your kids – FTC
- Tips for using public wi-fi – FTC
- How to secure your web browser – United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team – US-CERT
- “Free” security scans – FTC
- Protecting Your Child’s Privacy Online – FTC
- Top Ten Safe Computing Tips – M.I.T.
- Steps to Take Before You Connect a New Computer to the Internet – U.S. Cert
- Securing Your Wireless Network – FTC