Need to wire money to a family member? Make a bill payment? Pay back a friend? Thanks to technology, you can now move money more easily than ever before – without moving yourself. But while electronic banking can be convenient, it can come with some risks if you don’t take precautions to protect your personal and account information.
The resources below can provide important information to ensure your protection when moving money electronically.
- Electronic Banking – Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- 9 Ways to Stay Safe Using PayPal – NBC News
- The Guide to Password Security – CNET
- Online shopping: Tips to keep close to your wallet – FTC
- Advance Fee Schemes – FBI
- IRS, Partners Suggest Tips for Safe Holiday Online Shopping – IRS
- Infographic: Cybersecurity and the Financial Industry – FINRA