Your safety comes first.
The safety of our customers, community, and team members remains a top priority. The City of Newton lifted its mask mandate as of the end of day Friday, February 18, 2022. Therefore, effective Saturday, February 19, face coverings no longer will be required inside any of our Village Bank locations. Village Bank customers and staff members who wish to continue wearing face coverings are welcome to do so. Please continue to visit this page as we update our customers and community.
Customers who visit our branches will find the following:
- Face coverings no longer are required for customers and employees at all Village Bank locations. Those who wish to wear face coverings inside any of our branches are welcome to do so.
- Plexiglass dividers will remain in place at each teller window and in each platform office.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in all branches, and nanoseptic skins will remain on high-touch surfaces.
- Transactions slips are now available in check-writing desks.
- Chairs have been placed back into lobbies. Lollipops are available!
- Coffee stations, computer kiosks and business tables are available.
The Village Bank has taken steps to protect our community, including:
- Educating our employees about signs of the virus, safety protocols, and the importance of proper hygiene.
- Instituting contingency plans with our vendors and partners to ensure services continue to be delivered with no interruption for our customers.
- Encouraging employees to remain at home if they are not well.
- Continuing to regularly clean and disinfect all areas of the bank, especially high-touch areas.
- Convening our internal contingency planning committees regularly to monitor the situation and adapt plans, as necessary.
For the safety of our employees and other customers, we ask that customers refrain from entering our branch offices if any of the following apply:
- You or someone in your household is being observed for or has COVID-19 (Coronavirus) or
- You or someone in your household is experiencing or has in the last 14 days any COVID-19 symptoms as identified by the CDC (runny nose, sore throat, fever of 100.4 or more).
If you or someone in your household is suffering from COVID-19 related symptoms and needs assistance with your banking, please call us at (617) 969-4300 and we will work with you to find a solution to your needs remotely.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has issued an update on potential fraud risks as a result of the coronavirus. To learn more about these risks and ways you can protect yourself, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s coronavirus page.