The Auburndale Community Charitable Foundation College Scholarships
Since 1998, The Auburndale Community Charitable Foundation has awarded scholarships to local high school students which can be applied toward tuition, room and board or supplies at a college of the recipient’s choice.
- Two $10,000 scholarships.
These scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school students from Newton or Wayland who have demonstrated active involvement in community and/or charitable causes, in a leadership capacity. In addition, the students’ academic achievement, essay, and recommendations will be considered. Scholarships will be awarded over four years, upon successful completion of the first semester of each of four succeeding academic years.
- Fifteen $2,000 scholarships.
These scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school students based upon academic achievement, essay, and recommendations. Active involvement in community and/or charitable causes will be considered. Scholarships are awarded upon successful completion of the first college semester.
- The student or an immediate family member must have been a customer of The Village Bank since at least January 1 of the previous year.
- The applicant must fulfill high school graduation requirements by June of the current year.
- The applicant must intend to pursue studies at an accredited college or university.
- The applicant must be willing to have his/her name, photo, and town/city appear in promotional announcements by the Bank.
The application window is January 15 – April 16, with the Bank reserving the right to extend the deadline.
After completing the Scholarship Application form, ask your Guidance Officer or College Counselor to send your school records and letter of recommendation from a person other than a relative to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Incomplete packages will not receive consideration. If, after several attempts, you cannot reach your school guidance office to obtain your transcript, please email email@example.com in order to avoid having your application returned as incomplete. All information will be kept in strictest confidence.
The Auburndale Community Charitable Foundation reserves the right to reject any applications that fail to satisfy the requirements herein stipulated or that are incomplete.