Identity Theft Awareness Week comes to a close on February 5, but the risk of identity theft remains. At The Village Bank, the security of your information is a top priority, and as threats continue to grow and evolve, we will continue working hard to keep you safe and informed. The following is a list of resources outlining what identity theft is, how to protect yourself from it, and steps to take in the event identity theft strikes.
- The Village Bank Security Center
- Identity Protection Tips — IRS
- Keeping Your Information Secure — FTC
- Preventing and Responding to Identity Theft – CISA
- Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks – CISA
- Warning Signs of Identity Theft — FTC
- Check Your Annual Credit Report – AnnualCreditReport.com
- Identity Theft Recovery Steps — FTC
- Report Identity Theft — FTC
If you feel you have fallen victim to identity theft, please contact The Village Bank immediately at (617) 969-4300.