How We Protect You
The Village Bank leverages a variety of security measures to protect our customers from fraudulent activities, data breaches, and unauthorized access to their accounts.
Here are some of the many ways we protect our customers:
- Employee Controls: All new employees complete a background check before joining the Village Bank. Access to customer information is restricted to specific employees based on role and responsibilities and we conduct quarterly reviews to ensure employee access is correct.
- Vendor Security. The Village Bank maintains a rigorous vendor management process. All new vendors go through a comprehensive security and operational review before they are approved, and our Vendor Committee revisits our vendor’s scores regularly during the year to ensure our vendor continue to practice strong data security practices.
- Facility Security. All our Village Bank locations have the very latest in physical security controls. Where physical access controls, alarms, video surveillance, device monitoring, etc., The Village Bank has invested in the leading physical security systems to product your visits to our locations.
- Fraud monitoring: The Bank employ sophisticated systems to detect unusual or suspicious activities on customer accounts.
- Employee training: We conduct regular training sessions for our employees to educate them about security best practices, including how to recognize and handle potential security threats.
- Compliance and Regulations: The Village Bank complies with all industry-specific regulations and standards that requires us to implement security measures to protect our customers’ data.
Online Security Systems
- Encryption: The Village Bank use strong encryption protocols to secure data transmitted between the customer’s device and the Bank’s servers. This ensures that sensitive information, such as login credentials and financial transaction, is not easily accessible to hackers.
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA): Employees make extensive use of MFA to access critical systems within the Bank. MFA combines two or more authentication factors, such as a password plus a one-time code sent to the employee’s phone. This adds an extra layer of security, making it harder for unauthorized individuals to access customer information.
- Secure login procedures: The Village Bank provides secure login procedures, including password complexity requirements, account lockout after multiple failed login attempts, and periodic password resets to prevent unauthorized access.
- Secure communication channels: The Village Bank uses secure communication protocols (e.g., HTTPS) to protect the privacy of information transmitted between the customer and the Bank’s website or mobile app.
Security Technologies and Programs
- Infrastructure: To prevent unauthorized access, we have implemented multiple layers of security across our platforms including firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention, 24×7 monitoring, and multifactor authentication for all our employees.
- Dedicated Information Security Program. The Bank has a decided information security programs that monitors external threat intelligence, conducts risk assessments of networks, systems, and users, provides employee training and testing, and develops strategic planning an investment to stay ahead of emerging cybersecurity threats and attacks.
By leveraging robust security technologies and industry best practices, real-time threat intelligence, employee training, and customer awareness, The Village Bank works diligently to create a safe and secure environment for all our customers’ financial transactions and data.