The COVID-19 pandemic has been a time of uncertainty and separation, in the banking industry and around the world. After more than a year of social distancing and capacity limits, we are onto better days. Massachusetts relaxed all remaining COVID-19 restrictions on May 29, and everyone at The Village Bank is proud to say:
The Village Bank, like many other banks during the pandemic, has been intensely focused on helping our customers remotely. We have steered customers to our website, our Customer Care Center and to Village Online Banking, our digital platform. And while we will continue to build and enhance these options (click here to enroll in Village Online Banking), we are seeing a resurgence in foot traffic at our branches.
As a community bank, this is music to our ears. We love seeing our valued customers back at the branches in person and encourage you to come in and visit us. We’ve missed you, and we’ve missed seeing your faces! Face coverings no longer are required for customers or employees at our branches. Those who wish to wear face coverings are welcome to wear them. We want you to be as comfortable as possible.
At The Village Bank, the safety and service of our customers, community members and team members continue to be top priority. Here are some other reminders about what you’ll see in our branches:
- Plexiglass dividers will remain in place at each teller window and in each platform office.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in all branches, and nanoseptic skins will remain on high-touch surfaces.
- Floor stickers have been removed, and social distancing protocols no longer are in place.
- Transactions slips are now available in check-writing desks for customer usage.
- Chairs have been placed back into lobbies.
- Coffee stations, computer kiosks and business tables will remain unavailable for the time being.
And perhaps most importantly, lollipops are available in all branches!
For the safety of all, we still ask you to refrain from coming into our branches if you have symptoms of COVID-19. Otherwise, welcome back to The Village Bank. We are so happy to see you again, and we are ready to help with all your banking needs.